Sunday, September 28, 2014

C4K September

movie poster from La LunaFor my first C4K assignment, I received Dhara. She is an 8 year student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. In the post I commented on, Dhara had written two paragraphs describing the opening scene of an animated film, La Luna. After writing the two paragraphs, the kids were supposed to pick which one of their paragraphs that they liked better. Dhara had chosen her first paragraph as the better one. In my comment, I explained to her who I am and where I live. I agreed with her that her first paragraph was better. I told her that both paragraphs were well written, but I liked the first one more because it contained a lot of descriptive details. After reading her post and before commenting on it I looked up the clip up on YouTube. Her first paragraph made me picture a very similar scene when I read it.
A picture of the book The Elephant Whisperer
For my second C4K, I received Keanan. He is a student in South Africa. In the post I commented on, the students were to answer to questions about The Elephant Whisperer. The first one was about how they thought the elephants felt being relocated. The second one was about what they thought would happen next in the story. Keanan thought the elephants were confused, shy, and angry. He thought that the leader of the elephants would break down the fence enclosing them so that they could escape. In my comment, I said that I've never read the book, but it sounded interesting. I told him that I agreed with how he said the elephants felt after being relocated. I also said that I hoped his predication comes true, so the elephants could be free.

For my third C4K, I received Madison. In this post, the students were to write a story using only 100 words. Madison wrote about a girl named Pepper that wanted a pet, but couldn't figure out what she wanted. Her brother suggested a crocodile, and her sister suggested a goldfish. They went to a pet store where she picked out an orange kitten. I commented that her story was very well written. It was so good that it could be a short children's book. She used punctuation better than some adults I know. I told her I was surprised by how well she could use quotation marks and that she did a really good job on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment